MULBERRY BUSH MONTESSORI BALFRON 10K
30th APRIL 2023 11:00am
Preparation for the race:
- There are a number of road closures in the local area, for example A809 in Croftamie. Please use this link to plan your journey to the race https://stirling.gov.uk/roads-transport-streets/planned-road-closures/
- Car share if possible. There are a number of car parking locations around the village. See website and Facebook for details. There is car parking at Balfron High campus. As the car park access crosses the race route, it will close at 10:00 and will not open until 12:45 at the earliest. Please show consideration for local residents when parking.
- The race route follows public roads. The roads which form part of the race route will be closed from 10:00 to 12:30.
- Be prepared and bring your own water which can be stored in the Sports Hall. There will be water provision available on the race route and at the finish line. There is external water top up taps at Balfron High to replenish your supply.
- Familiarise yourself with the route and terrain; short video available of the route at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np4PfT-Zuxg&t=14s
- There will be a collection box in the Sports Hall for donations of good quality used sports footwear on behalf of https://www.forthvalleywelcome.org/.
At the race:
- There is no race entry on the day.
- All race numbers and timing chips have been posted in advance. It is your responsibility to bring them to the race and wear them visibly on your front.
- Please assemble at the start line for a safety briefing at 10:50am. The race is a mass start at 11am, so we ask for runners to assemble according to expected finish time, the fastest at the front.
- There will be an information point located near to the foyer.
- Toilets, limited shower and changing room facilities are available. Clothing and water bottles can be left in the sports hall. Anything left is at the owner’s risk and no liability can be taken. Please use common sense, and don’t leave valuables.
- T-shirts will be available for collection for those who pre-ordered them with their entry, in the Sports Hall after the race.
- A 1 mile family fun run is taking place on the race route before the 10k. It is open to all, however, children aged 5 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Entry is via https://www.entrycentral.com/balfron-fun-run. Local café Doyles will be selling food and drink at the race. Decathlon will have games to play and will bring examples of their camping and water sports range. Live music will be provided by @Elevenofhearts
During the race:
- Out & Back Route: Please keep left at all times. The route is largely traffic free, although access to the few properties on the route cannot be denied so there may be the occasional vehicle.
- Speed Bumps: There are several speed bumps on the school driveway (close to the start / finish) and on Roman Road. Please be very careful of these at the mass start, and at the finish when your legs are tired.
- Route Surface: Be aware that once out of the village the route follows a country road and that the surface may be potholed or uneven in places. Please remember you are responsible for your own safety at all times.
- Water provision: There will be water points on the route at approx 4.4km and 6.7km. We are using reusable cups with fresh water. Please return cups by throwing them to the builders’ bags beside the road and away from the race surface. Please do not drop them on the route as this could be hazardous for other runners.
- First aiders: Lomond Mountain Rescue will be in attendance. If you experience any difficulties or concerns, please contact them or any of the race marshals who are identifiable by their hi-vis jackets.
Finally, the Balfron 10k race is organised by volunteers and raises money for local causes. We wish you an enjoyable race and hope you are pleased with your result. If you have any additional questions, please email to email@example.com
Previous entrants will know that we are committed to reducing the environmental impact of our event. Since 2019 we have removed single use plastic water bottles on the water station and at the finish line. This year, please remember to bring adequate hydration for when you have finished the race. There will be storage space conveniently located for you to access when you have finished running. There will also be top up taps at the campus for you to replenish your own hydration supply.
On route there will be a water station and we ask you to return the plastic cups when you have finished using them. At the finish line there will be water available in plastic cups, please return them when you have finished using them.
Thank you for your support in reducing the environmental impact of our event..
Car Parking for the Mulberry Bush Montessori Balfron 10k
Car share if possible. There are a number of available car parks around the village, please give plenty of time and be prepared to park on the village streets as car parking spaces are limited. Please do not use the golf course or church parking as these will be required.
Adjacent to the race venue. As the Balfron High campus car park access crosses the race route, it will close at 10:00 and will not open until 12:45 at the earliest.
Adjacent to the race venue. As there is also a Primary School fun run, this car park will be in high demand and may have limited spaces.
10-15 minutes walk from the race venue.
15-20 minutes walk from the race venue.
Balfron street parking
Please show consideration for local residents when parking, and do not park on Roman Road as this is part of the race route. Balfron is fairly small but please leave at least 15 minutes to get to the race venue.