Information for Mulberry Bush Montessori Balfron 10k
Sunday 1st May 2022
Preparation for the race:
- There are a number of road closures in place due to bridge repairs including B818 outside Fintry and A809 in Croftamie. Please use this link to plan your journey to the race https://stirling.gov.uk/roads-transport-streets/planned-road-closures/
- Car share if possible. There are a number of car parking locations around the village. See website and Facebook for details. There is car parking at Balfron High campus. As the car park access crosses the race route, it will close at 10:00 and will not open until 12:45 at the earliest. Please show consideration for local residents when parking.
- The race route follows public roads. The roads which form part of the race route will be closed from 10:30 to 12:30.
- Be prepared and bring your own water. There will be water provision available on the race route and at the finish line.
- Familiarise yourself with the route and terrain; short video available of the route at https://youtu.be/Np4PfT-Zuxg
At the race:
- There is no race entry on the day.
- All race numbers and timing chips have been posted in advance. It is your responsibility to bring them to the race and wear them visibly on your front.
- For your safety, this year we have taken measures to minimise large groups of people congregating inside. Toilets will be available but not shower and changing room facilities. Clothing can be left in the sports hall. Anything left is at the owner’s risk and no liability can be taken. Please use common sense, and don’t leave valuables.
- Local café Doyles will be selling food and drink at the race. Decathlon staff will be available to discuss their range of products.
- Please assemble at the start line for a safety briefing at 10:50am. The race is a mass start, at 11am so we ask for runners to assemble according to expected finish time, the fastest at the front.
During the race:
- Out & Back Route: Please keep left at all times. The route is largely traffic free, although there may be the occasional vehicle.
- Speed Bumps: There are several speed bumps on the school driveway (close to the start / finish) and on Roman Road. Please be very careful of these at the mass start, and at the finish when your legs are tired.
- Route Surface: Be aware that once out of the village the route follows a country road and that the surface may be potholed or uneven in places. Please remember you are responsible for your own safety at all times.
- Water provision: There will be water points on the route at approx 4.4km and 6.7km. We are using reusable cups with fresh water. Please return cups by throwing them to the builders’ bags beside the road and away from the race surface. Please do not drop them on the route as this is wasteful and could be hazardous for other runners.
- First aiders: Lomond Mountain Rescue will be in attendance. If you experience any difficulties or concerns, please contact them or any of the race marshals who are identifiable by their hi-vis jackets.
We wish you an enjoyable race and hope you are pleased with your result. If you have any additional questions, please email to email@example.com Further information can be found on our website www.balfron10k.org.uk